1959 K&K Princess 300

Fri 6-19.1 Fri 6-19.2 Fri 6-19.3P.S.: I really am extremely thankful for X Over It’s support and encouragement for helping get this typewriter up and running again. No doubt he’ll probably be getting another email or two about her! xD

EDIT:

Per request, here is a picture of the fix. ๐Ÿ™‚ It’s what is circled in yellow. I’ll get better pictures of the fix and the filed section for the next post.

Eraser Fix

Advertisements

9 thoughts on “1959 K&K Princess 300

  1. Love Little Miss Priss – that’s a neat little typewriter. Would love to see close-ups of your fixes – especially that popped linkage eraser/super glue fix – sounds very MacGyver.

    Like

  2. How funny that Agatha Christie helped you! And yes, sometimes I have found no solution other than altering the shape of some part, either by bending (sorry, “forming” is the preferred euphemism) or filing. This is a great typewriter that I hope will become a perfect companion.

    Like

  3. I suppose I helped a little bit, but you figured out what the problem actually was!
    I just realized (and this is something I should have earlier) that your Princess has the mainspring in a normal locationโ€”below the the carriage. Mine’s is in the carriage itself, which is certainly an unusual design choice. I didn’t know they changed it later in the model evolution.

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s